Monday, December 5, 2011

Working out is not my God

One thing I've noticed in myself is how easily one can become obsessed with working out and consumed with training. Just recently I've started to incorporate early morning fasted cardio. I now have the discipline to go to bed at a decent time so I can wake up pretty early to do my cardio.
I became convicted about how I make such an effort for my workouts but I seemed to have been lenient with the time I devote to God. So I decided to make sure I periodically evaluate myself and how I manage my time so that God and my spiritual health remains priority. I read my Bible and spend quality quiet time with God in the morning even before I get ready to go to the gym. It works out very well since in the early morning it's so quiet and I'm the only one awake so there is very little distraction from the noises of the rest of the day and my family. I also choose to listen to Christian music during my cardio sessions. I feel great starting my day with cardio but I feel even greater starting the day positively with the Lord.

As much as fitness is important in my life, I refuse to make it my idol.
God is number one in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment