Friday, December 2, 2011

Direction... Less weight on my shoulders

I'm so glad I decided to work with a trainer. My first day actually working out with him will be on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the specific diet plan he is making up for me too.
I feel like I've wreaked enough havoc on my body trying. I don't know EVERYTHING and I have to admit I can't do it all alone. I made some mistakes with the route I was taking to achieve my goals to get a "winning" body. For example, I thought I needed to gain some more weight before I started cutting but apparently that will only take me further from my goals. I need to focus on conditioning my body. My trainer says condition will always beat out size alone. I have to start training with that in mind. Also, my cardio program I was working with wasn't nearly enough. My trainer has advised me to up my cardio, and instead of high intensity I will be switching gears to more strenuous cardio for a longer period of time and with higher frequency.
I feel that having a trainer will take the guess work out of my training and allow me to have more peace of mind that I'm getting closer to my goals instead of further. I was wishy-washy with my training but now I can have someone help me stay on a clear track towards a WIN ;)

Oh, and I also realize that I need to suck it up and post more progress pics... even though I feel like it only shows how much work I need to do : / It's going to be a long road, but I expect that I will only learn and get better day by day and gain experience and wisdom for future competitions down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment