Monday, November 21, 2011

First day of focused training

So this is the first day that I will be training WITH the mindset that I am preparing for my competition.

I have no problem with working out hard and consistently for strength. However, I do find the aspect of eating enough of the right calories a bit more challenging. I am used to eating healthy and even counting my calories, but eating enough of it all can be a little bit annoying. I think I am small so I would be comfortable with gaining more lean muscle mass to work with in the gym, especially when I am closer to my competition date and will have to increase my intensity level to burn more body fat. I don't want to wither away to just skin and bones so I have to make sure I have enough weight to spare... makes sense right? To achieve my goals, I will increase my calorie intake for the rest of this month and December. From January on I will lower my calorie intake slightly so that I am losing body fat but not losing too much of the muscle I am working hard for. As far as weight training, the first half of my training is to gain size and then the last half of my prep time will be to train for definition and the appearance of looking solid.

Right now I am eating breakfast which consists of: 1 scoop whey protein drink (w/ water), 1 rice cake with 1 tbsp almond butter, 1/2 c egg whites, and 1/2 c plain oatmeal = 485 calories, 36% protein, 42% carb, and 22% fat.
I am shooting for at least 6 meals a day, 2-3 hrs apart, and a total of about 2700 calories (30% fat, 35% protein, 35% carb). When I am about 16 weeks out from my competition date, I will reconfigure my caloric and nutrition goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment