Monday, November 21, 2011

Errors to learn from

Error #1: Saving all of your calories for the end of the day.
What I'm trying to say is to eat an equal amount of calories in each of your meals (at least 6; or meals 2-3 hours apart from first meal to last). Today I ate well, however I ate smaller meals through out the day and found myself having to catch up and eat over 1000 calories for dinner. I can correct this by making sure my meals average out to be about 500 calories so that I am not overwhelmed by the end of the day. Plus, its never a good day to eat such a large heavy meal before bedtime when your activity level is at its lowest.

Error #2: Avoiding excessive cardio.
Life, even training, is all about balance. I think you either like cardio or you don't. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of cardio or I don't like it as much as weight training at least. Once I get into the groove I'm able to tolerate it and even find satisfaction in an intense cardio session. When you start training for a competition there's no room for preferences. I'm learning to suck it up for the sake of placing well. I'm used to eating relatively blan foods-- *food is fuel* *eat plain, for an exciting body*. So yeah, my point (especially to myself) is make cardio equally as important as weight lifting. Muscle is great but it would be a shame if a bunch of fat is hiding it!

No comments:

Post a Comment